A New Vehicle Advertising Wrap: Bringing the “WOW” Factor to 12-Point!
We know a thing or two about vehicle advertising. Just ask our repeat customers who bring their company fleet vehicles to us year after year. So when it was time to wrap our oldest company van, we knew we needed to create something amazing. Here’s a look at how we put the “WOW” factor in our own vehicle advertising wrap!
Our old van’s vehicle wrap was looking dated, so we decided it was time to create a fresh new wrap to help promote the 12-Point brand. But first we had to remove the old partial wrap. As you can see, the 2011 Chevrolet Express cargo van had seen better days … it even looked a little scary!
Normally, we suggest vehicles have a quality paint job prior to wrapping. There are definitely risks involved when applying vinyl material to peeling paint. Often the material won’t stick and more paint will likely come off when the wrap is later removed. In this case, we decided to prep the surface as much as possible prior to wrapping. To learn more about why we recommend a good quality paint job for vehicle wraps, read this article.
To begin the design process, our super talented graphic designer, Torrence, worked closely with our owner to talk about the overall theme, layout, and details that would be included. After being inspired by some vinyl wrap work we recently completed for the City of Franklin’s sanitation trucks, they decided to go “old-school” with a retro theme.
To create the design, Torrence mimicked the look of a 1950s or 60s newspaper or magazine advertisement. Check out this initial proof he created prior to printing. Pretty exciting design! And the van wasn’t even wrapped yet!
Once Torrence received the thumbs up for his layout, we printed the design on high performance vinyl protected by laminate with a satin finish. Satin vinyl is much more “forgiving” of imperfections in the paint, since it doesn’t reflect light the way a glossy vinyl often does.
Our experienced installers prepared the van’s surface and then adhered the wrap onto the vehicle, carefully aligning all the details exactly as the proof indicated. To add another level of excitement to the wrap, we added “secondary” cut vinyl elements. These included the “WOW” and “COOL” letters in a gloss finish for contrast, and the logo and contact information (on the front doors) in a white reflective material to add pop at night! The entire installation process took two team members just a few days to complete.
And … without further ado, here’s the new van! We may be biased, but we think it looks pretty awesome!
If you look closely, you will notice there are lots of fun details in this vehicle wrap, such as:
- “For the WOW FACTOR!” and “Now … THAT’s Cool!” – These taglines were designed to look like retro comic book text with a duotone (dotted) background.
- Male & Female Faces – A man’s face was included in the design on one side of the van and a woman’s face on the other side. Both look excited about 12-Point’s products and services, don’t you agree? The images of just the man and woman were printed with a halftone effect. These halftone images were comprised of small dots in 4-colors rather than continuous tones. Torrence chose this effect for the faces, because the 4-color printing technique was used in 1950s and 60s newspapers. It also provided an additional layer of dimension to the wrap.
- Advertisement – The wrap design also included a mock advertisement which shows a 1950s woman talking with a salesman about a purchase decision. Notice the two products she is looking at are vehicle wraps and branded interiors. 🙂
- “Quality VEHICLE WRAPS, Superior BRANDED INTERIORS” – These were included in the wrap design, because they are the core services we offer. Most of our various products fall within these two categories.
- Logo, Contact Information, and Social Media Icons – We placed 12-Point’s contact information on the front and back doors. This included our logo, website, phone number and social media icons. This type of information is a critical part of any advertising wrap design – “old-school” or futuristic!
All of us here at 12-Point had fun watching this old van’s transformation from plain (and rough) to AMAZING! We know the newly wrapped van will be attracting customers for us when we’re out driving or on job sites for years to come.
In addition to our newly wrapped Chevy van, we’ve also added a new 2017 Nissan NV to our fleet. We designed and installed a new full coverage vehicle wrap on the NV. The new wrap was designed to match our Scion. (Stay tuned for an article about this new van coming soon!) Look for all three of our 12-Point vehicles on the road. If you see one, take a picture and send us a tweet @12pointsigns. We would love to hear your comments!
If your company owns plain or outdated vehicles, then you should consider mobile advertising! A professionally designed and installed advertising wrap can generate thousands of impressions daily, bringing new customers your way. We have the design and installation expertise to create something just as amazing for you! Give us a call at (615) 595-6564, or click on the button below. Consultations and estimates are always free.
In addition to vehicle wraps, we also provide custom outdoor signage, dimensional acrylic signage, architectural displays, custom projects, and more! We serve all of Middle Tennessee, including Nashville, Hendersonville, Lebanon, Brentwood, Franklin, Spring Hill, and Columbia. But we can ship many of our custom signs or projects almost anywhere. Let us know how we can help you!